Sunday, November 9, 2008

Misokatsu, Yabaton, Nagoya

Sept 10, 2008
So this is the first place I went to the night before, got there nice and early in time for opening. There was a line before it opened, and it filled up fast, so good thing I got there early. Simply put, it was the same kind of taste as the misokushkatsu, except not on a stick. I really like this red miso sauce that they have in Nagoya.

As a side note, Nagoya was the first time that I encountered locals who could speak English since Tokyo. The first was the lady that helped me the night before, and the second was one of the chefs (seemed like the boss) behind the counter. Very friendly, told me to come by anytime I was in town, very proud of his product. He inadvertently called my manhood into question, though ; when I was debating which to get, the normal or the fatty kind, he said, "I think if you are a man, you get the fatty kind".

No comments: