Friday, November 14, 2008

Toriten Oroshi Udon, Ajiyoshi, Takamatsu

Sept 11, 2008
After the aggravation of Kochi, Takamatsu was superbly awesome. Takamatsu is known as "The Kingdom of Udon". There was actually a movie made about udon here. There are over 700 udon restaurants in the larger region of Kagawa, especially in Takamatsu. I also happen to frickin' love udon. Good combination.

Unfortunately, I was so worn down from walking in Kochi that I didn't want to go far at all, so I got a room at a real hotel (cost me just under 50 bucks, most expensive night for me) and rested up, so by the time I was ready to go grab something to eat, I looked at my udon map (yup, a map with alot of udon restaurants marked on it) and most places were closed. The "famous" one was a far ways away, and I had no energy to go search it out. Fortunately, there was one open a few blocks away, so I just went there.

No one in there, usually a bad sign, but they were friendly, and suggested this one, basically battered chicken over cold udon, no soup, just some sauce (like the sauce which you dip soba in). T'was awesome. Chicken was dark meat, udon was springy, soup-sauce was tasty. Amazing end to the day =)

No comments: