Saturday, November 15, 2008

Udon run, Chikusei +2, Takamatsu

September 12, 2008
Before leaving Takamatsu, I just had to have a lot of udon, so I ended up hitting 3 restaurants for lunch before leaving. The first one I went to was not to helpful, so I didn't bother figuring out how to order other stuff, just had plain udon in soup, which is fine with me. The second place had much less people, but friendlier staff, so I got a tempura udon with the sauce-soup like the previous night. Nothing special there.

The third place was the more reputable one, Chikusei, which had a long lineup when I got there 10 minutes before it opened. It was like a tempura-buffet, with a lady in one corner constantly making tempura of all kinds, and bringing it over to the main counter, behind which people were making fresh udon. You basically can take whatever you want, and pay for it up top. So I had two tempura shrimp, two tempura soft-boiled eggs (!!!), and a regular bowl of noodles. Woulda went large, but I was filling up already. Heavenly. They need this in Toronto (or near wherever I live, always).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"heavenly"
haha.. great description