Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Soup Curry, L☆Voice, Asahikawa


Sept 8, 2008
Was supposed to have some ramen, since Asahikawa is known for its ramen. Also stopped by a Ghengis Khan bbq place, but ultimately decided to take the plunge at this place, even though soup curry is better known in other parts of Hokkaido. The curry was a strong taste, pretty decent, but tastebud-killing kind of spice. Ended up being the only person in the restaurant the whole time, served by a young-ish women. Kind of akward. When I left, though, she saw me to the door and held a deep bowed position while I went down the stairs and left (I turned around at the bottom and saw her still bowing). Maybe this wasn't the best place to try soup curry, but at the end of it all, I was glad I ate there. Hardcore experience.

Asahikawa, btw, was the first to earn "Dang, I wish I lived here/I wanna live here some day" status. It's also supposed to be the coldest city in Japan =P

No comments: