Saturday, December 6, 2008

Champon, Ringerhut, Fukuoka

September 14, 2008
This be champon, which is another type of soup noodle dish with small amounts of various types of meat and veggies. It's supposed to be well-known and native to Nagasaki, which is the only city I wanted to go to, but did not get to. The reason is that I wanted to check out a church in Fukuoka, and to make it to the 6pm service, I had no time to make the 3 hour detour to Nagasaki. I also slept in at Kagoshima =P. Of course, when I got there, there was no one there, the service was on canceled for the week because the missionaries were out of town. Of course.

The other development of the day was that my credit card did not work at the ATM's (that were finally open). I tried numerous places, but no go. So again, I was running out of money. Found wireless at a McDonald's and basically found a place I could exchange money, but on the next day, as most places were closed on Sunday.

With little money left, I had to conserve. This meal, with a big bowl of noodles and a side of dumplings, fortunately cost 630 yen. There was nothing really remarkable otherwise, except that Ringerhut seemed to be a local-diner-family-chain kinda restaurant, maybe comparable to a Golden Griddle, and really out of place in Japan.

No comments: