Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tonkotsu, Ichiran, Fukuoka

September 15, 2008
As I mentioned yesterday, I was running out of money. So I ended up staying the night at an internet cafe. =P Cost me 1060 yen for 6 hours, I think, killing enough time for me to truck out to this place at around 3 in the morning for some more soup noodles.

This time, it was tonkotsu (with an o, not tonkatsu). Basically the difference is the broth, which is supposed to be a pungent pork broth (though it didn't really smell all that bad). Very interesting ordering method, filling out a sheet that has options of how much meat and noodles, how spicy it is, an option for an egg, etc. Quality comfort food for 3 AM.

As for the internet cafe, it was half-full the entire time I was there, even with options for a private room with a shower, anime and games lining the walls, etc. Truly the epitome of Japan =)

No comments: