Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yakisoba, Totoro, Fujinomiya

September 18, 2008
Mm, Yakisoba. Visited Fujinomiya to eat it on the recommendation of Ian, which coincidentally is partly how I got the idea of visiting many many places to eat their specialties. Fujinomiya was a great example because, although its a really small town, they still had a map indicating where you could eat Yakisoba. I love the concept of towns centred around food.

I've had Yakisoba once since I've been back to Toronto, and it didn't compare to this. Contrary to how you might usually find it, this wasn't saucy at all, but a little dry, basically non-greasy fried noodles, cabbage and meat. However, the bits of nori (seaweed) covering it was an awesome addition. Mixed up all together with the rest of the food made for a fantastic combination. I'll definitely have to use that idea in cooking in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love fujinomiya yakisoba, its my all time fave Japanese dish
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/delicious-sara-udon-and-fujinomiya-yakisoba/