Friday, December 12, 2008

Hatosabure, Kamakura

September 16, 2008
Alright, Kamakura's got some elements to it. First off, the picture. It's literally a cookie in the shape of a bird. That was on the list of what Kamakura was "famous" for. Kind of ridiculous, eh? The cookie still tasted good, though, probably loaded with butter =P

The second thing I was looking for was purple potato soft serve. I walked a while to find a place, and went in just to find out that they were closing. It was ..like, 6! Jeez. Walked around some more, the only places I found with a purple soft serve logo were closed.

The final, and most annoying thing: I had looked up some festivals beforehand, cause I wanted to check one out, and try good festival food. There was only one scheduled for the period I was in Japan, and after the first week or so I decided I was too tired to seek out a festival where I'd have to walk around all day.

Then, when I was entering and leaving Kamakura, I noticed there was an oddly high number of people on the train platforms, for such a small city. It was only when I was headed back home later in the evening that I realized that a) Kamakura was the location of the festival I had researched and b) it was held on the 16th. But since I got into Kamakura at around 5:30 PM, I missed the entire thing. Had I realized that, I could've easily gone to Kamakura earlier and Utsonomiya later. Ghgnx...bah.

No comments: